All Together Now, the library's 2023 summer reading program will begin Tuesday, May 30.
This year's summer reading program for teens is going to be slightly different than previous years, but the general information is the same:
- Beginning Tuesday, May 30, stop by either branch to pick up your reading log.
- Start reading, and keep track of how much time you spend reading on your reading log.
- Bring your completed reading log to the library, and we will give your prizes!
This year, you will keep track of your hours in 15 minute increments, for a total of 30 hours. Once you've completed your reading, you will be given six tickets to enter to win one of the grand prizes of your choice! Put all of your tickets in one box, or spread them out - it's up to you!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I pick up my reading log earlier than May 30?
- Yes. The reading logs will be available for pick-up about a week before the program begins; however, all reading for the program needs to being on or after May 30. No prizes will be given out before May 30.
If I finish the summer reading program early, can I do it again?
- No. We encourage you to continue reading all summer long, but to ensure we have enough prizes for the many teens in our library's service area, we ask that each teen only completes the program once.
Do only library books count for the program?
- No. You can read anything this summer, and it all counts towards your hours. Of course we love to see our patrons come to the library to check out some books, however, you can read your own personal books, eBooks, magazines, newspapers, audiobooks, or even the back of a cereal box!
When does the summer reading program end?
- The library's summer reading program ends Saturday, July 22. Bring your completed reading log into the library on or before July 22 to get prizes and tickets to enter one of the grand prize drawings.
- If you finish your reading log after July 22, that's ok! Still bring it to the library, because we will continue to give out prizes a few weeks after the end of the program, or until we run out. You won't, however, be entered to win a grand prize.
What ages can participate in the library's summer reading program?
- The teen summer reading program is for readers from ages 11 through 18. Participants that are 11 or 12 have the option of participating in either the teen or children's program.
Teen Summer Activities
In addition to the summer reading program, the library will offer free activities and entertainment all summer long! Click the links below for more information.