The Franklin-Springboro Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Download a Franklin-Springboro Public Library employment application.
Position: Year-round Shelver, Part-time, 1 opening
Description: This individual will provide excellent customer service by accurately and quickly shelving library materials either by the Dewey Decimal system or alphabetically and evaluate the condition of the material before shelving it. Maintain shelves by shifting materials so the shelves are not too tight while maintaining the filing system. Use the on-line card catalog computer to verify location of material. Exchange a full book cart for an empty book cart at the circulation desk. Answer directional questions from patrons concerning the location of materials or library services such as copiers and restrooms. Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to file accurately and quickly by alphabetical, numerical, chronological or Dewey Decimal order.
- Physical ability to place and arrange books on shelves ranging from floor level to 7’ high.
- Manipulates library materials up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift, stoop, crouch and push fully loaded book carts.
- Must project a positive and pleasant attitude to the public and cooperates and maintains an effective relationship with other staff members as part of a team.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance as required.
Salary: $8.10 per hour
Hours: 8 - 12 hours per week. Requires evening and weekend hours.
Interested persons should complete an application form, which can be picked up at either location or on the website.
Please check back for available job openings.
Applications will be kept on file for 6 months.